Last Updated: [May 12,2021]
Landscape Ontario Horticultural Trades Association (“LO”) has established a Group Sponsor Program to advance apprenticeship in Ontario. The LO Group Sponsor Program’s mission is to support apprentices, employers, and all stakeholders in the Landscape and Horticulture profession and related skilled trades by streamlining and simplifying the apprenticeship journey.
LO works closely with employers and apprentices to help access and navigate the apprenticeship pathway. LO:
- Advises apprentice candidates, employers and apprentices on all aspects of the apprenticeship program, including roles and responsibilities and provides them with mentoring that will help prepare them to progress in the program confidently;
- Administers the registration process through the collection of proof documentation;
- Administers apprentice progression tracking;
- Connects job-ready apprentice candidates to job opportunities to enable registration;
- Provides resources, tools and on-going continuous mentorship to support successful completions;
- Supports access to and administration of incentives;
- Administers the completion process.
It is LO’s goal to provide access to accurate and correct information about programs and training opportunities available to all and mentor individual candidates on the best path for them. LO will offer a digital platform on its website that is purpose-built to monitor and document the development, application and mastery of skills by Apprentices and to offer a seamless technology experience for the apprentice to keep them on track in their journey.
In addition, LO manages and provides information and analytics to the Ministry of Labour Training and Skills Development (MLTSD) and Ontario College of Trades (OCOT) for the administration of apprenticeship programs.
What is Personal Information?
By using our Services, you confirm that you are at least 18 years of age or older and have legal capacity to consent to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information.
How Do We Collect and Use Personal Information?
When you visit, use or request our Services, we may collect personal information or other information that you choose to provide.
Personal (Employer/trainer/apprentice or apprentice candidate) information that is collected from you may include:
- Contact and Personal information
a) Legal Name
c) Proof of Birth month, birth year and/or age
d) Gender Identity
e) Marital Status & dependents
f) Geographical location
h) Email and telephone numbers
2. Payment information for the purchase of resources
3. Social Insurance Number
4. Communications preferences
5. Education or training history
6. Residency Status
7. Employment history and status
8. Other information that you choose to provide, including but not limited to:
a) Information that you choose to provide by way of a comment, a “like” or communication with LO staff;
b) Information that is necessary to manage your online profile (if you choose to create one) such as a valid email, password, and responses to challenge questions; and
c) Feedback you choose to provide.
Personal Information that is Automatically Collected From You
When you use our Services, we may automatically collect and store certain personal information in server logs. This may include:
- the type of operating system you use;
- device event information such as crashes, system activity, hardware settings, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and referral URL;
- cookies or other anonymous identifiers that may uniquely identify your browser;
- your IP address (a series of numbers that are automatically assigned to your computer when you go online);
- the date and time you visited the website;
- which pages you visited;
- the order you visited the pages;
- how long you spent on each page;
- the page you entered the site on; and
- the last page you looked at before you left.
We may use your personal information to enhance your experience by providing content that is targeted to you.
Our Purpose For Collecting Personal Information
We collect personal information for the following, non-limited purposes:
- To facilitate our Services, including targeting of services to your specific needs and connecting apprentice candidates, apprentices, employers, and all stakeholders with each other and relevant resources to support success;
- To support apprentices in their training and skill development and career planning;
- To support apprentice candidates in identifying right fit for the program and profession using the assessment tool;
- To support employers in identifying right fit candidates;
- To support employers in accessing incentive programs
- To assist LO in developing strategies on how to best assist apprentice candidates, apprentices, employers, and all stakeholders;
- To administer our scholarship program;
- To provide information management and analytics solutions to our clients and partners (MLTSD/OCOT); and
- To monitor website usage and ensure that content on the website is presented in the most effective manner;
- In relation to marketing, surveys or other email communications, where we have obtained consent to send such communications; or
- As otherwise required or authorized by law.
Third Party Information Collection
If you register for our services, in general, we will collect personal information directly from you. From time to time, we may be required to collect personal information from third parties, such as the OCOT and the MLTSD with your consent or in accordance with the law.
We may also collect personal information in order to provide information management and analytics services to our clients in accordance with client instructions. This may include personal information relating to applications for apprenticeship, educational and employment history or other personal information as disclosed to us by our clients in accordance with the terms of the contract and applicable law.
How do we Share Personal Information?
We do not permit any personal information we collect to be accessed, used or shared by companies, institutions, organizations and individuals outside of LO unless one of the following circumstances applies:
- To employers. We may share your personal information with employers for the purpose of supporting apprentice candidates in job search and in application for apprenticeship as required.
- To scholarship administrators. We may share your personal information with individuals who support LO in assessing and awarding scholarships.
- To our clients. We may access, use and share personal information received from our clients with others in accordance with the terms of our client contract.
- To the Ontario College of Trades, Ministry of Labour Training and Skills Development or other regulators. We may share your personal information with regulatory bodies who need to know the information for the purpose of supporting your apprenticeship.
- For research. We may, in limited circumstances, share your personal information with institutions, organizations or universities for research purposes. We will only share this information in accordance with the applicable law and with your express consent to do so.
- For legal reasons. We will share personal information if we have a good-faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary to:
- comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request;
- detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues;
- protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of LO and the users of LO; or
- otherwise for the purpose of obtaining legal advice.
8. With Consent. Other than as set out above, we will share personal information with companies, institutions, organizations or individuals outside of LO only when we have your express consent to do so.
International Data Transfers
By disclosing your personal information you consent to the disclosure and processing of the personal information outside of your geographical location. To the extent possible, personal information is maintained within Canada. However, personal information may be processed or stored outside of Canada in accordance with applicable law. Such personal information may be subject to disclosure in accordance with the law of the applicable jurisdiction.
Q: What are cookies and similar technologies?
A: A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that our website stores on your browser or the hard drive of your device or mobile device. Cookies perform various tasks (including remembering your preferences) and are an important part of improving your experience of our website.
Session cookies are deleted automatically when you close your browser and persistent cookies remain on your device after the browser is closed (for example, to remember your user preferences when you return to the site). First-party and third-party cookies are used to track and record page views, and for targeting and behavioural preferences. Secure cookies are used to encrypt your data during a submission process, and to ensure safe transactions when ordering or purchasing materials.
Our website may also use other similar technologies, such as web beacons, pixel or gif tags, and action tags. Those technologies also collect information that assists us in improving our services, use of our website, advertising and customer communications.
For example, if you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices.
Q: How to block cookies?
A: Most internet browsers are set up by default to accept cookies. If you want to refuse or delete them (or similar technologies), please refer to the help and support area on your browser for instructions on how to block or delete cookies (for example: Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Safari). Keep in mind that each browser has a different procedure for managing and configuring cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including necessary cookies), you may not be able to access all or parts of our website.
You can find more information about cookies at http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
If you want to opt out of Analytics, please do not use our website.
Links to Third-Party Sites
If you submit your personal information to any third-party sites, whether by way of review of articles or otherwise, your information is governed by their privacy policies.
No endorsement of any third-party products or services is expressed or implied by any information, material or content referred to or included on, linked from or to this website.
How Do We Secure Personal Information?
We are committed to protecting personal information in order to prevent unauthorized access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification or disposal or similar risks.
We use reasonable technical and security measures to protect personal information.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect personal information, we cannot absolutely guarantee the security of information.
We will continually review and update our security policies and controls as technology changes to ensure ongoing personal information security.
Email or Marketing Communications
If you wish to opt-out of email or marketing communications you may contact us at: email@example.com
Accuracy of Personal Information
We use reasonable efforts to keep your personal information accurate and up-to-date. You are responsible for providing updates to your personal information as soon as possible.
Questions, Corrections or Requests for Access
You may request corrections to your personal information or request access in accordance with applicable legal requirements.
Sally Harvey CAE, CLT, CLM
Privacy Officer, Director of Education & Workforce Development
Landscape Ontario Horticultural Trades Association
7856 Fifth Line South, Milton, ON, L9T 2X8